|Access Path||> Messages > Push Communications|
Create a notification
On the page that lists the notifications, click on +Create
In the pop-up window that appears, type the following information:
The name. This internal name is visible only on the platform.
(Optional) a tag.
A type of push, here select Mobile Push.
A communication type.
The push destination represents the mobile app configuration.
A notification type (template).
Edit a notification
From the Edit tab
Select the languages supported by this notification in the Languages section. By default, the push notification will be sent in English if no language matches the language of the registered contact.
The contact's language is retrieved when the mobile phone owner installs the DI user's mobile application. Our SDK sends us the language configured for the operating system (iOS, Android)
The content of the notification
For each selected language:
By its display, the title aims to attract eyesight.
The content is where the majority of communication is found.
Character limits are imposed based on Android and iOS operating system restrictions.
- The title is limited to 25 characters.
The content is limited to 130 characters.
It is possible to personalize and add emojis in the title and the content of the notification, but these will affect the character limit.
An image can be add to the notification if the Firebase SSO authorization was previously set up in the mobile app configuration.
You can use the image library or paste the URL of an image. The following restrictions apply to images:
- Image size must be less than 1 MB.
- Accepted formats are JPEG, PNG, and BMP.
- The image URL must use the secure HTTPS protocol
Action is the behavior when someone clicks on the notification.
It is possible to open a specific section of your app when clicking on the notification by a user.
Enter the name of a CATEGORY to open a section of the application or to display an actionable notification when clicked .
Actionable notifications allow the user to respond without launching the corresponding app.
The development team of your mobile application will be able to send you the name of the CATEGORY to enter in DI.
Enter the name of the ACTIVITY that corresponds to the section to open. The development team of your mobile application will be able to send you this information.
Test a notification
From the Test tab
Choose the language and test the display as seen by a specific contact (if you’ve inserted personalized content).
To send tests, you need to have project contacts who have installed the mobile app and accepted notifications. Select the contact via Preview with a contact and click Send. To send a test to several test contacts, use the Send this message to group option. You’ll need to create a test group first. To do so, please refer to Creating a group of contacts.
Send a notification
From the Send tab
- Select the recipients, either all project contacts or specific groups (segments).
- Select the targeted platforms.
- Click the Count button to know the number of targeted contacts and the breakdown between platforms. (Note: A contact may receive notifications on all devices with the app installed. For example, a contact – who has accepted notifications and who has an iPhone and an iPad with both carrying the app – will be counted twice for the Apple platform. Thus, 2 Apple notifications for 1 contact. The same applies for the Android platform.)
- In the Planning section, select the sending time.
- Click Prepare sending.
- On the next page,click Approve.
- Click on the Prepare sending button.
- On the confirmation page, click Approve.