Creating a conversion funnel allows you to define the different steps involved in a process in order to pinpoint where improvements need to be done so the visitors' journey on your site is conclusive.
|You need to have created and defined the site where steps are to be tracked.
| > Journey > Funnels
- Start by clicking on the button Build a conversion funnel.
- In the New funnel window, enter the name of your funnel.
- Then select the site where steps are to be tracked.
If the site to be tracked is not shown, that means that it has not been configured yet. If this is the case, click Add a site and enable the Journey module by copying the generated code on all the pages to be tracked. For more information, refer to Configuring the Journey Module.
- Once the site has been selected, click Create.
- On the edit page, define the various steps you want to analyze and that will be part of your conversion funnel. You need to define at least 2 steps, up to a maximum of 5. And for each step, you need to do the following:
- Specify a name for the step. Although not mandatory, providing a name will help identify each step. If no name is provided, the last parameter of the URL, or the name of the event, will be used.
- Enter the URL to be followed OR the event to track among existing events shown in the drop-down list.
** To be able to use events, you must have them configured in the application first. To do so, contact your account manager.
- Click Save.
- Once you have set up all the required steps, click Continue.
You will automatically be taken to the Conversion page to see the results.