Creating an opt-in form gives you the ability to personalize the default template form provided by Dialog Insightfor visitors to subscribe to your communications. This template comes with predefined texts and fields that can be edited. You can edit or delete existing contents and add new ones. The only elements that cannot be deleted are the fields that compose the primary key, as they are essential for contact identification in the application.
|Prerequisite||Have enabled the opt-in and update form management module.
|Access Path||> Workflows > Opt-in and Update|
A form template is offered to ease and quicken the creation of your forms. This template comes with predefined fields and texts. You must however adjust the template form to your needs by editing:
- the layout - You can create a form with 1, 2 or 3 columns.
- content elements - You can insert various content elements. See Description of content elements
- styles - You can change styles that apply to all pages and messages.
If you want to retrieve more information than the one presented in the template, you need to do so from the Form configuration page.
- Click on the form icon .
- The form template opens in the drag-and-drop message editor.
- You need to adjust the form to your specific needs by adding, editing or deleting content elements and texts.
Styles that are defined here apply to the form and all information pages and messages in the workflow. However, if styles are applied to a specific element, this style will prevail and replace the global one.
To edit global styles, go to the Styles section in the left pane and click on Edit.
|Content||Styles applicable to texts and links, such as font, size, color, weight, etc.|
|Pages||Styles applicable to the entire page, such as top and bottom spacing, background image and color.|
|Advanced options||Additional options that can be applied.|
The form template comes with only one column, but you can change this layout or add one using the available layouts.
To edit the layout or add one, go to the Layout section and drag and drop the desired layout in the form.
The template form comes with predefined sections for a header, content and a footer. The available content elements can be inserted in any section, except for the input form, which can only be placed in the content section.
- To add a new content element, select one from the available ones and drag it to the desired location in the form.
- To edit a content element, click on the related edit icon .
- To delete a content element from the form, just click on the related delete icon.
Configuring the form consists in defining the information you wish to collect on people who subscribe to your communications, how these fields will display and how this information will be integrated into Dialog Insight's database if the contact already exists in the application.
To configure the form, you need to go to the Form configuration.
As the information provided in the opt-in form can be different from the information already in Dialog Insight when the CONTACT ALREADY EXISTS IN THE APPLICATION, it is important to specify how you want them to be processed.
To do so:
- Under the Profile update tab, choose the desired update option.
|Complete the profile||Only the new information provided during opt-in will be added to the contact's profile. Therefore, if a phone number already exists in the profile and one is provided during opt-in, it will not be saved and overwrite the phone number already in the profile.|
|Update profile||All the information provided during opt-in will be registered in the profile. So if a phone number is provided during registration, it will overwrite the one in the profile, if one exists, or be added to the profile if there was none.|
|Ignore changes||The information provided during opt-in will not be saved in the existing contact's profile; only new contacts will be created.|
- Under the Form options tab, define how you want field labels to display, either on the left, right or inside of the input area.
If you want to be certain that the person that registers to an event is a real person, it is recommended that you enable the reCAPTCHA option so that a validation question is added to the form.
If the registration form is displayed under a domain name other than ofsys.com, you will first need to register the domain used on reCAPTCHA to get you private and public keys.
To register your site or domain with reCAPTCHA, go to https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin#list and follow the instructions provided on screen. Once saved, reCAPTCHA will give you private and public keys that you'll need to enter in Dialog Insight.
To enable the authentication option
- Check the Use Google Recaptcha option.
- Click on Manage keys.
- Choose your domain, if already configured. If not, click on Add a key to register your domain name or the page to display the registration form, and specify the public and private keys that were assigned by reCAPTCHA when opening an account.
Choosing the information to collect is done from the list of project fields. You can add, edit, and even delete fields in the Form fields. Note that it is not possible to delete fields that are part of the primary key as this information identifies contacts in the application.
- Click on the Add field link.
- In the field add window, select the section in which to add the field and then select the field. Can be included in the form any field of the project, and some specific fields. The fields that are already included in the form are not shown in the list, as to avoid using the same field twice.
If you want to add the field in a section that does not exist, you must add the section first, by clicking on Add section.
- In the section add window, enter a label and a description for the new section. If your registration form exists in more that one language, you will need to enter do the same for each language.
- Click Add.
Note on sections
If there is only one section, its name will not show on the registration form. However, if there is more than one section, all the section labels will display on the form.
- Once the field is added, you need to define it by indicating at the least all the required information (fields with ).
Editing a field is similar to adding a new one, except that some field values cannot be edited.
- In the list of fields in the form, click on the edit icon next to the field to edit.
- In the field edit window, edit the desired elements.
Note that both Field and Required values cannot be edited once the field has been created.
- Do not forget to save your changes.
- If you edited a field in a form that is already online, you will need to update the workflow process for changes to be applied.
|Section||Name of the section that holds the field.|
|Field||Name of the selected field. It can be a field from the project or a field specific to the form.|
|Label||Name of the field as it should display on the form. If multiple languages are offered, you will need to specify a label for each language.
**Warning - If a label is not provided for each available language, the default language label will be used.
|Source||Indicates where the field comes from. There are 3 possibilities:
|Type||Available only when the field value comes from the form.
Field used to define the type of value can be inserted in the field. Any data entered in the field that does not correspond to the indicated type will trigger an error. The available field types are:
|Options||Available only when the field value comes from the form.
|Maximum length||Available only when the field value comes from the form.
The length of the value in terms of number of characters, only for text fields.
|Default value||Available only when the field value comes from the form.
Default value to assign to a REQUIRED field if no value is provided.
If a default value is provided for a required field, the contact will be added even if no value was provided.
Before putting your form online, you want to make sure that it displays properly.
- In the edit page of the workflow, click on the preview icon on the Preview page.
IMPORTANT - DO NOT USE the address shown in the address bar of the preview page; this address is NOT THE LINK to insert in your message or page to open the registration form. THIS IS ONLY A TEST PAGE. The real link of the registration form is shown once the event is published and displays below the Unpublish button.
You must publish the form in order to generate the link that will give you access to it. You must then copy-paste the link on the pages from which you want to access the form.
- Once all the steps in the workflow are complete and without errors, click on Publish in the workflow edit page.
Once the workflow has been configured and set to your needs, the last thing to do is to copy the generated link on all pages where you want it to be accessed or in a message.
The form's access link only displays once the form is published, in a section called Form link, in the workflow edit page.