You can target contacts based on data from a relational table. Criteria related to relational tables offer multiple options to create very specific contact groups. There are as many options as there are relational custom tables and possibilities are infinite.
Make sure to test your group to see if you have the proper contacts. You can also ask us to validate your queries.
|Access Path||> Contacts > Groups|
- On the page listing all existing groups, click on Create a group.
- In the Group creation window, enter a name for your group.
If your project is available in other languages, you will need to specify a name for these other languages as well.
- If you want to use the group for testing, check the Test group checkbox. With this option checked, the group will be displayed in the list of groups available for sending a test message.
- Once the group is created, click on the Advanced edit tab.
- In the criteria section, add criteria to select the contacts to be included in the group.
You can add as many criteria as you want.
- Start with a first criterion by clicking on Add a criterion (And).
- In the edit window, specify whether the criterion will be used to include or exclude contacts, and then click on the Relational tables tab.
- Select the table in which to search for contacts.
If you then click on the Add button, you will target all contacts associated with a record in the selected table.
- Check the Restrict to records... box under the selected table and then click on the Add link.
- In the window that opens, specify the data to be searched for and then click on Add.
The following example targets contacts for which the date is greater than or equal to the current date minus 7 days.
Field Description Operator Option to include or exclude the clause from the main or preceding clause. Field Drop-down list of relational table fields from which to select one. Date part If the selected field is a date, this option is displayed to allow you to choose the type of date. Operator Field to specify the operator that links the field to the value, that is under which condition the value will be taken into account.
View the list of valid operators.
Value Option to specify that the selected field must match the value specified in the Value field, depending on the chosen operator. Field Option to specify that the selected field must correspond to a project field, depending on the operator chosen. When this option is chosen, a field drop-down list is displayed to make your selection. Date of use If the selected field is a date, this option allows you to specify that the date must correspond to the date of use. The date of use represents when the group will be used (usually at the time of consultation or preparation of a message). A group using this type of criterion will target different contacts depending on when it will be created. Relative date (computed) If the selected field is a date, this option allows you to add or subtract days, months, years, etc. from the current date. Expression Option that allows you to enter a specific syntax of the code or variable to be searched for, instead of a value or a field. This option is intended for users with in-depth programming knowledge.
- Once all the necessary criteria have been added to the group, in the edit window, click on Add.
- Make tests and, if necessary, have your queries and criteria validated by our customer service team.