Creating a message with multiple versions is very useful when you want to send a message to contacts who have slightly different profiles. By creating a multi-version message, instead of separate messages, you will only have to send one batch, regardless of the number of related versions. Moreover, the multi-version message groups statistitics for all versions, thus providing you with an overall of all the results related to the message.
The most common cases are:
- when you want to have a different version for each language
- when you want to have different version for each platform - web, mobile, tablet, etc.
All you have to do is create the basic message, and then add the other version you wish to send to contacts.
|Prerequisite||The create multi-version messages, this feature must be enabled for your account. Other than that, creating a multi-version message is done like creating any other type of message. However, this operation is only possible when working in the HTML editor, and not in the Drag and Drop editor. See Creating an HTML Message.
> Messages > EMail
Once the basic message is created, you need to create another version of the same message using the version manager.
The version options are available from the additional edit options.
- In the HTML editor, open the additional edit options by clicking on the icon in the editor's toolbar.
- Select the Versions option.
- In the window listing existing versions, click on Create version.
- In the version edit page, type in a significant name for the version so you can identify it easily.
- Choose the message language for this version.
- If you want to based your version on something other than the language, use the Condition field to to specify under which circumstances it will be displayed. For instance, you might want the version to only be sent if the contact lives outside the country; you can base your version on any information found in the contact profile or in a custom table in the project. See Defining Conditions.
- Click Create.
- Back to the version listing, define the processing order of versions. Versions are processed in a sequenced order. Thus, if the condition of the first version in the list is met, this version of the message will be sent. So it is important to place the default version (the one with no conditions) at the end of the list, so that other versions be used.
**Versions cannot be deleted. So if you don't need a version anymore, you can place is below the default version, or assign it a condition that is impossible to meet.
- To add other versions, you can create it from scratch or duplicate an existing one by clicking on the related icon - .
**When a version is duplicated, all the version information, as well as the message, are copied; you will only need to edit the name and condition of the version, and adapt the message.
After versions are created, you need to create or adjust the message that will be used for each version.
- Close the additional edit option window by clicking on .
- Choose the version for which you want to create a message in the list of version shown right under the name of the message.
- To write the message for this version, you can copy the first message and adjust it based on the set condition.
The same options and features are offered to create any message. See Creating an HTML Message.
To make sure that versions are sent properly and met the set conditions, it is important to tests all versions of the message.
- To do so, go to the Test page.
- Choose the version to test in the list of versions, under the message name.
- Verify each version of the message.
- If you have used a lot of personalization elements in your message, it might be a good ideal to simulate a mailing. This feature will allow you to test each version and each variant of the message. See Testing a Message Through Simulation.