The Dialog Insight for Magento extension is a free plugin that lets you synchronize your Magento clients and transactional information into the Dialog Insight application.
You can use this valuable information to create automated campaigns for product recommendations, and track your clients' purchase behaviors to better personalize your messages.
The integration between the two platforms provides great benefits:
- synchronize your clients' data and transactional information
- personalize your messages with product recommendations
- send promotions and cart abandonment follow-ups
- know who your best clients are and send them targeted campaigns
- view your campaigns' performance
- synchronize the subscription to your communications of a contact who has an account on the customer's Magento 2 store. Subscriptions retrieved by a form that requests an email are not retrieved at Dialog Insight.
This is a mutli-step process.
- Enable Magento 2 in Dialog Insight
- Buy the Dialog Insight extension for Magento
- Retrieve your access keys
- Install the Dialog Insight extension for Magento
- Configure Dialog Insight in your Magento account
Enable Magento 2 in Dialog Insight
Enabling integration with Magento 2 is essential if you want the Dialog Insight application to retrieve information from your Magento 2 online store.
- In the E-commerce page, go to the Extension section and enable Magento.
- In the activation window that opens, click Activate.
- In the next window, specify how you want to integrate the information from your Magento store into Dialog Insight.
- Click Save.
The extension is now active.
The keys that are automatically generated must be copy-pasted into the Magento configuration.
- ID Key
- API Key
- ID Project
Buy the Dialog Insight extension for Magento
To start, you must get the Dialog Insight extension from Magento's Marketplace.
- Go the https://marketplace.magento.com/.
- Under the Extensions section, click All Extensions.
- Type Dialog Insightin the search box.
- Click the extension name to open https://marketplace.magento.com/dialoginsight-di.html.
- Add the extension by clicking Add to Cart.
- Go to your cart by clicking the cart icon shown on the upper right corner.
- Click Proceed to Checkout.
- If you haven't done this already, connect to your Magento account.
- Click Place Order.
Do not worry - No payment is required as our extension is free!
You will receive a confirmation email.
Retrieve your access keys
To be able to connect Dialog Insight and your store on Magento 2, you must create your access keys, which you'll have to later add into your Magento account.
- In your order confirmation email, click Get Installation Key.
- Connect to your Magento account.
- Under the Marketplace tab, select Access Keys.
- Under the Magento 2 tab, click Create a New Access Key.
- Enter the name of your product and click Generate New.
Two keys will be generated, one public and one private.
- Copy both keys in a document (in Notepad, or any other application) so you can easily paste them on the next step.
Install the Dialog Insight extension for Magento
Once you have the access keys, you must copy them into Magento.
- Connect to your Magento account as an administrator.
- Access System > Web Setup Management.
- Select Component Manager.
- Click the Sign in link shown at the top of the page.
- Enter the access keys you just created on the previous step (one public key and one private key), and click Sign in.
- Click Sync to make sure you can access the extension you just bought.
- Once synchronization is done, click Install, under New Purchases.
- In the list of extensions, check the Dialog Insight extension, and click Install.
- Follow the installation instructions to complete all 3 steps:
- Verify your environment (Step 1 - Readiness Check)
- Backup your data - recommended (Step 2 - Create Backup)
- Install the extension (Step 3 - Component Install)
Your store will temporarily be put offline during the installation, which should take about 5 minutes.
That's it; the Dialog Insight extension is now installed.
Configure the Dialog Insight extension
This configuration connects your store to Dialog Insight's application, so that your clients' transactional data can be transferred into Dialog Insight.
- In the admin module of your Magento account, go to Stores > Configuration.
- Open the Dialog Insight tab and click General.
- If this is not already done, change the value of the Enabled field to Yes.
- Paste the keys that were generated by the Dialog Insight application when the Magento integration was enabled.
- Make sure to save your changes by clicking Save Config.
If all provided information is correct, the API status will turn green and indicate that the access is valid. If this is not the case, check the API Key, Id Key and Id Project in Dialog Insight and copy them again.
- If you want an alert to be sent when an extension error lasts more than 6 hours, enter the sender and receiver's email address, as well as the content of the message. This step is optional.
- Then open the Mapping tab.
- Make sure to properly match Magento and Dialog Insight fields.
*It is important to synchronize the Magento status newsletter field with the right Dialog Insight subscription field.
- Click Save Config.