TABLE OF CONTENT
- How To
|Prerequisite||The Events module must be enabled for your company and for each project you want to create events for. This module is optional and can only be enabled on demand by Dialog Insight.|
|Access Path||> Workflows > Events|
1. Specify basic event information
- In the page listing all events, click on Create an event.
- In the New event window, give a name to your event.
- Then specify its start date and time.
- The language selection here is for the registration language, and not the event language. The language selected by default corresponds to the project's default language.
**If you want to offer the event registration form in multiple languages, it is important to specify it here, at this initial step, as once the event is created, you can no longer change the languages.
- Once all information is provided, click on Create.
2. Provide additional event information
Once the event is created, all changes are done on the edit page.
- In the top section of the edit page, click on the Edit icon next to the event's name.
- In the Event Properties window, change the name if needed.
- Edit the start date and time of the event if needed, and add the end date and time if you wish.
- Fix a maximum number of participants if necessary. *When a maximum capacity is defined, the registration period will end when either the end date or the maximum number of participants is reached.
- To limit the registration period, check the related option.
- By default, registration starts as the event is published and ends when the event starts.
- Click Save.
3. Configure the registration workflow
|1||Registration link leads to the page on which participants will land to register. It contains the form that you will create with all the field. You also have to design this page.|
|2||Status of forms can vary, and you should have a message for each of the scenario indicated when it applies if form is:|
|3||Successful registration when the contact has been added as a participant to the event|
|4||iCalendar file, which can be sent to contact after registration so they can add the period to their preferred calendar. You can add information at this stage, like a connexion link.|
|5||Activate the confirmation process so contacts receive a confirmation of their participation, as well as having the option to cancel their presence.|
|6||Optional, but you can add a confirmation process so the contact has to validate his decision to participate. Can be an interesting practice so you can confirm that the contact's email is valid.|
|7||Admin notification can be interesting if you want to be notified each time someone registers for the event. You can add multiple emails, but they have to be an existing contact of your project.|
- Build event registration landing page
- Configure the event registration form
- Configure messages related to an event
- Publish an event
- Configure the iCalendar file of an event
Do not forget
|Invalid access||Page that displays when access to the form is not possible, for any of the following reasons:|
|Registration not started||Page that displays when the registration period is not yet started but the link to the registration form is already online, thus accessible.|
Here, your message should invite the visitor to come back later to register, and maybe indicate when registration starts, or to unpublish the event.
|End of registration||Page that displays when the registration period is over and registrations no longer possible.|
|Closed registration||Page that displays when registrations are no longer possible due to the fact that the maximum number of participants has been reached.|
|Successful registration||Page informing the visitor that the registration was done successfully and was registered.|
|Cancellation received||Page that displays when a registration confirmation message is sent to a person to confirm registration but the person decides to cancel the registration after all. This page confirms that the cancellation request was received and processed.|
|Successful confirmation||Page that displays when a registration confirmation message is sent to a person to confirm registration and that the person does confirm. This page confirms that the confirmation was received and processed.|
|Declined confirmation||Page that displays when a registration confirmation message is sent to a person to confirm registration and that person confirm but registration is no longer possible because of maximum of participants is reached.|
Do not forget
|Registration message||Message sent to the person who registered to confirm registration. A cancellation link is offered in case the person decides not to attend or cannot attend anymore. By cancelling the registration, the place will be freed for someone else.|
In addition, if the option
Ask for confirmation was enabled, the message will also include a link for the person to officially confirm registration.
|To do for each registration language:|
|Registration notification||Message sent to the event administrator to let him/her know that a new person has registered.|
You must specify all administrators to whom you want to send registration notifications by clicking on the icon next to the page icon. You can have only one recipient, or more.
To add a new administrator, click Add a user and choose one in the list of users.
|File||Description||Do not forget|
|iCalendar File||File that lets you create a calendar event with the name and location of the event, the start/end dates and time, as well as a description of the event.|
By default, the information provided when creating the event will be displayed, but you can change it as needed by clicking on the edit icon of the zone.
Once the event is online and registration is successful and/or confirmed, the event will be added to the calender of participants.