For a user to be able to access Dialog Insight's functionalities, you must provide this user with the permission to access the different sections of the application. Granting permissions is done under the Permissions tab of the Permissions page. By default, a user has no permission; you need to give the user the appropriate permissions. To assign access rights, you can grant permissions one by one, or associate the user to a permission group, which has a set of predefined permissions.
|Prerequisite||You must first create the user by providing basic information. See Creating a User.|
|Access Path||Account Management > Users > List > [Select a user] > Permissions page|
Assigning permissions one by one
The permission page lists all Dialog Insight modules. To see permissions related to each module, click on the sign to expand a section or on the sign to reduce a section.
- To grant a permission, scroll to the desired permission to see the related access levels display on the right side of the window. You just need to check the desired access level you want to give to the user. A user can be authorized to access all the accounts of the company, or just a specific account, all users or none, all contacts or none, all communication types or specific ones only, all campaign categories or specific ones only, etc. Access levels and options vary depending on the selected permission.
For example, you might decide to limit access to some projects in particular or to only specific communication types. It is also possible to restrict access to contacts of a given project.
- Once the desired options have been selected, click Grant the permission.
**If you grant a high level permission in the permission tree, all sub-permissions are also granted as they are included in the higher level permission.
Description of acronyms presented in the permission tree:
- OFSYS : the entire Dialog Insight suite(Openfield System)
- OFC4 : Openfield Contact (version 4)
- OFS3 : Openfield Survey (version 3)
- OFA2 : Openfield Activity (version 2)
Assigning permissions using groups
Using permission groups to grant permissions is quite useful if you have multiple users to whom you have to grant different levels of permissions, and even more so if they have similar access rights. To further facilitate the task of assigning permissions, the application already has close to a dozen different types of permission groups already defined.
- In the Permissions page, go to the Permission groups tab.
- In the list of available groups, select the one you wish to assign to the user.
- Click on Assign.
- Once assigned, you will see the group name shown under the Permission groups section.
- To assign another group to a user, simply select another group and click Assign.
|Group name||What the user CAN DO||What the user CANNOT DO|
|Administrator||Full access to the Dialog Insight application|
|Contact - Administrator||Full access to Contact|
|Contact - Message management|
|Contact - Message management and mailing|
|Contact - Contact management|
|Contact - Statistics|
|Contact - Configuration|
|Content - Administrator||Full access to Content|
|Survey - Administrator||Full access to Survey|
|Full access to Survey|
|Survey - Reports|