A webhook is used to inform a third-party application that an event occurred. Setting webhooks allows you to receive notifications on the application of your choice and to be informed whenever specific events happen in Dialog Insight. This way, you are certain to receive the information you find important as soon as possible.
To use a webhook, you must first define the URL where you want Dialog Insight to send notifications to and select where and when to receive updates about events that affect your contacts. Dialog Insight then sends updates on the server of your choice as soon as any of the specified events occur. You then need to confirm to Dialog Insight that you have received this notification.
The purpose of a webhook is to transfer information to clients, without having the need to use Web services, which can be more complex to set up. It is important to note that webhooks are only used to send information from Dialog Insight to the client's server; transferring data the other way around is only possible through Web services.
Following are the events for which you can get updates as they happen:
- delivery errors
- production errors
- new contacts added, other than by import
- contacts modified, other than by import
- email addresses put in quarantine
- The contact's date of birth is changed in Dialog Insight.
- Dialog Insight sends a notification on the URL specified by the client (all the fields in the project are sent).
- The client must confirm the reception of the notification as soon as possible to avoid retries.
- The client is responsible for processing the received information in accordance with the company's automated workflows (updating the CRM, sending an email to the person in charge, etc.