Results for your emails are available in different sections of your project. On the home page, there is an overview of your Emails' performance, and in the Results section, there are detailed statistics.
On the home page, you can consult a summary of the performances:These statistics are updated once a day. The could be a disparity between the data displayed here and the data in real-time.
In the Email section under Results (in the left-hand menu), you can consult the results for each email.
Percentage of contacts who received the message and percentage of bounced emails (email address is not valid, inbox is full). Depending on the bouncing reason, a contact can be automatically deactivated from the the database. You can see the time the delivery is completed. These statistics are a tool to verify your deliverability.
Views and Clicks
The number of contacts who clicked inside the message or opened the message for a specific period:
- If the message was sent less than 2 days ago, the default display is every 5 minutes.
- If the message has been sent for more than 2 days and less than 5 days, the default display is by the hour.
- If the message has been sent for more than 5 days, the default display is by day.
Contact Attrition (Contact Loss)
According to the delivery performance or actions done by the contact, the status of your contacts may change (quarantine, unsubscribing, spam complaints).
Results on clicked links in a message show which links are the most popular and see who are the contacts who have viewed and clicked on these links. Click results can be shown in an image of the message itself or in the form of a chart. Presenting the results in an image of the message lets you see quickly the most clicked links since the red circle that is shown for each link increases with the number of clicks: the higher the number of clicks, the bigger the red circle. In addition, the image display option provides the ability to print these results. As for results presented in a chart format, they show a list of all clicked links by popularity order.
Displays up to 10 hyperlinks from your message:
- Sent: how many contacts received the link (may change if you have a personalized message)
- Views: how many contacts saw the link
- Click-throughs: how many contacts clicked to access the link
- Recipients: how many contacts accessed the link
Comparing the results of multiple messages, mailings or campaigns allows you to compare those items with charts and to analyze them, often to see which one is more efficient and should be used in the future. Note that tests are not included in the compared results. You can, however, compare test messages if you select only tests.
- Start by selecting the type of results you wish to display - Messages, Campaigns or Mailings - using the slider or by clicking on the corresponding option.
- Filter the list items by specifying any of the offered criteria:
- Display only messages that were sent to at least a given number of contacts.
- Display messages that were sent during a given period of time by indicating start and end dates.
- Display only messages with a specific name or that contain a given string of characters.
Click on Apply to update the list as per the selected criteria or click on Reset to remove all criteria.
- Sort or display the list items as desired.
- From the list of messages, campaigns or mailings, select the items you wish to compare. To do so, simply click on the desired items one after the other. If needed, you can select items from any other page. The number of selected items is always indicated at the top of the list.
- Once your selection is completed, click on Compare.
You will see a chart showing all the selected items. A different number and color are associated with each item. Right below the chart are shown the same results, but in a table format.
- It is possible to display the summary results of a specific item by clicking on the name of this item in the table.
- You can also display a detailed chart by clicking on the corresponding data in the table.
- From the list of elements, select the message or the mailing for which you want to view the most popular links. If needed, change the list of elements by selecting the right type of message using the slider, either Messages or Mailings.
- Once on the Summary page displayed, select the Impacts page in the drop-down list of options.
In the message image that is displayed, each link that has been clicked at least once shows a red circle, whose size varies with the number of clicks: the higher the number of clicks, the bigger the red circle.
- To see the results associated with a specific link, you only need to place the cursor on the link or the corresponding circle to see all the related results displayed in a pop-up window. You can also choose to always see the results window by selecting to display the labels.
- You can change the results shown by clicking on the sign next to the option Display labels. When all the labels are displayed, the results are the same, whether they are in the pop-up or in the image.
- When personalization elements are part of the message, you can see the personalized version that has been sent to a few contacts by selecting any of the contacts listed in the left pane, under the Sample of targeted contacts section. This list shows 25 targeted contacts, randomly selected.
This format cannot be used to compare messages. You can display the most clicked links in an image of the message for a sending or a message that was sent once only.
|Percentage of different contacts who have clicked on this link amongst the value selected in the labels.
|Click rate versus Messages sent
|Number of different contacts who have clicked on this link amongst the total number of contacts targeted by the sent message.
|Click rate versus Messages delivered
|Number of different contacts who have clicked on this link amongst the total number of contacts to whom the message was delivered. (Delivered = Sent minus delivery errors)
|Click rate versus Messages viewed
|Number of different contacts who have clicked on this link amongst the total number of different contacts who have viewed this message.
|Click rate versus Messages clicked
|Number of different contacts who have clicked on this link amongst the total number of different contacts who have clicked on any link in the message.
|Number of recipients
|Number of different contacts who have clicked on this link.
|Number of clicks
|Total number of clicks on this link.
*If a contact has clicked twice on the same link, these 2 clicks are counted in the total number of clicks, but only 1 click is taken into account in the number of recipients.
|Name of the link, as provided when the link was created and inserted in the message.
|URL address of the page displayed when the link is clicked.
This result format can be for several sendings, including messages, campaigns and sendings.
|Link name or Link URL
|Depending on the selected display option, this column displays the name of the link (assigned when the link was created and inserted in the message) or the URL of the link (URL address of the page opened by the link).
|Total number of clicks on this link, that is the number of times the link was clicked, including clicks done by the same person on the same link.
|Total number of individual clicks on this link, that is the number of different contacts who have clicked on this link. If a person has clicked more than once on the link, only 1 click will be counted.
|The number of instances corresponds to the number of times the link is inserted in the message. The first instance in the list corresponds to the first link that was created; the number is no indication of the display order in the message. If attributes were defined when the link was created, these attributes will be visible if the option Show attributes is selected. Otherwise, to know where the instance appears in the message, it is suggested to consult the click results through the Impacts page.