The lead generation form template comes with a certain number of default fields, including those that form the primary key. You can add as many fields as necessary and edit or delete the default ones.
It is however crucial that primary key fields are included in the form as these fields are needed to identify contacts.
|Prerequisite||Have created a lead generation form.
> Workflows > Other forms > Lead generation
- In the list of lead generation forms, select the one you want to define by double-clicking on its name, or by selecting the form and clicking on Edit.
- In the edit page, open the editor by clicking on the registration form icon in the workflow section.
Once the form is displayed, go to the Form configuration page.
The form template already includes default fields, including those that form the primary key. You can add more fields, or edit or delete the ones already in the form. It is IMPORTANT however not to delete the fields composing the primary key.
- In the confirmation page of the form, in the Form fields section, click on Add field.
- If you want to add the field in a section that does not exist, you must add the section first, by clicking on Add section.
- In the section add window, enter a label and a description for the new section. If your registration form exists in more that one language, you will need to enter do the same for each language.
- Click Add.
Note on sections
If there is only one section, its name will not show on the registration form. However, if there is more than one section, all the section labels will display on the form.
- In the field add window, select the section in which to add the field and then select the field. Can be included in the form any field of the project, and some event-specific fields. The fields that are already included in the form are not shown in the list, as to avoid using the same field twice.
- Once the field added, you need to define it by indicating at the least all the required information.
|Section||Name of the section that holds the field.|
|Field||Name of the selected field. It can be a field from the project or a field specific to the form.|
|Label||Name of the field as it should display on the form. If multiple languages are offered, you will need to specify a label for each language.
**Warning - If a label is not provided for each available language, the default language label will be used.
|Source||Indicates where the field comes from. There are 3 possibilities:
|Type||Available only when the field value comes from the form.
Field used to define the type of value can be inserted in the field. Any data entered in the field that does not correspond to the indicated type will trigger an error. The available field types are:
|Options||Available only when the field value comes from the form.
|Maximum length||Available only when the field value comes from the form.
The length of the value in terms of number of characters, only for text fields.
|Default value||Available only when the field value comes from the form.
Default value to assign to a REQUIRED field if no value is provided.
If a default value is provided for a required field, the contact will be added even if no value was provided.