If you want to use a custom domain in your links or to host your forms, surveys, contests, etc. instead of using Dialog Insight domain, you must first add this domain and validate that you are the owner of this domain before using it as a custom domain and securing it.
Choose a sub-domain from your company main domain (the one your customers know and associate with your company).
The chosen sub-domain will allow you to track statistics while maintaining links associated with your company.
|Prerequisite||Have access to the configuration of your domain.|
|Access path||Account management > Organization > Domain management > Validated domains|
- Go to the home page of the Account management application.
* You must have an Administrator permission. If this is not the case, ask a user that has the proper rights.
- In the top bar, click on the icon of the current application.
- From the drop-down list, select the Account management application.
- In the left-hand menu, under Organization, select Domain management.
- Click on the Validated domains tab.
- In the list of validated domains, click on Add a domain and follow these steps:
- Enter the domain you want to add and click the Continue button.
- Choose domain validation type:
- File - You will need to download the provided file and place it at the root of the domain server.
- DNS record - You will need to create the provided DNS record.
- Once you have chosen the type, click on the Continue button.
- Follow the instructions specified for the selected validation type.
Note : You may need the help of your technical team.
- If you wish to perform the validation later, because the file or DNS record's installation is not complete, click instead on Continue later. When you interrupt the validation, the domain shows in the section entitled Domains to validate, from where you can select it later to continue its validation.
- If you want to continue the procedure later, because the file or DNS record is not yet installed, click the Continue later button to validate later. If you interrupt the validation, the domain will then be listed in the lower section, entitled Domains to validate, from which you can select it later to continue the validation.
- If you have done the validation, check that the site is validated.
Once Dialog Insight has confirmed the presence of the file at the root of your site, or the DNS record contains the correct validation code, the Status column will indicate Validated.
Here is how to create a DNS entry with Google Domains.
- Log in to Google Domains.
- Select your domain.
- From the left menu, select DNS.
- Scroll to the Custom resource records section.
- Add the DNS record using the values provided. The result should look like this:
Name Type Data _di-challenge-307.communications.yourcompany.com TXT "upypvqb2mp35ad5u"
Once the domain has been validated, refer to the article Adding and Securing a New Custom Domain.