Dialog Insight's web services let you send data from your systems directly to Dialog Insight, as well as receive data. By using XML and HTTP standards and protocols to transfer data, web services are compatible with most development environments, and therefore are platform-independent.
|Access Path||Account Management > Users > Web services|
Create Access Keys
- Go to the home page of the Account management application.
*If you don’t see this option in the menu, you do not have access to Web service options. You will need to ask to the Dialog Insight administrator in your company to grant you access.
- In the top bar, click on the icon of the current application .
- From the drop-down list, select the Account management application.
- In the left-hand menu, under Users, select Web services.
- In the list of web service access keys, click on Create a key.
- Enter the Name of the key and the Email associated with the account.
This information will be useful if we need to contact you in the event an error occurs.
- In the IP access list field, enter the IP and network addresses from which this key may be used.
When configuring a company’s modules and activating access to Web services, you must provide a list of IP addresses that are entitled to access these services. The information provided to grant access to Web services (HTTP address of service, company code, authentication key) are not secured, so it is crucial to define which IP addresses can make these service calls to prevent destructive operations.
- If needed, enter an Expiry date to limit the duration of the access key.
- Check the Active option, and click Save to activate the key configuration.
- Under the Permissions section, assign the permissions you want to associate to this key by clicking on Add.
- The Access key properties section indicates the idKey and Key.
Take note of this information as it will be requested to define the AuthKey parameter for your Web service calls.
Access Web Service Documentation
This documentation offers a detailed description of all services and methods available in Dialog Insight, as well as a test interface and a service call log.