All messages created in can be shared on Facebook and Twitter by publishing a link to the Web version of the message.
Facebook is changing several features as of April 30, 2015 and some authorizations may be affected. After April 30, 2015, if you have difficulties in publishing content from Dialog Insight on your Facebook pages, you will need to remove already assigned authorizations and grant them again. See Step 2 - Authorize publication on Facebook below.
|Prerequisite||Have a Facebook account|
For your message to be referenced on your Facebook page, you need to have a Facebook account with administrator rights to your company's page. For help on this topic, please refer to the Facebook Help . You can also publish on your personal Facebook page if you do not have a company page.
You will need to connect to your Facebook account when configuring authorization in Dialog Insight and authorizing Dialog Insight to publish content on your page.
Have administrator rights to Dialog Insight
You must have administrator rights to Dialog Insight to be able to configure it to work with your various social networks.
Note : Sharing messages on social networks is only available for Version 2 messages.
To be able to make an email message public, you must first create a Web version for that message. This version, unlike the email message, does not contain any personalization values and can be shared to anybody. To enable message publication, you also need to create a publishing profile and authorize the Dialog Insight application to communicate with your Facebook and/or Twitter accounts.
- Go to > Configuration > Contacts > Preview and web archive profiles.
In the profile creation page, you can either create a preview profile, an archive profile or a general profile. The general profile is the profile used by default when no archive or preview profile exist. Therefore, if there are no difference in the non personalized profiles, it is suggested to only use the general profile.
If you use multiple languages, you will need to create at least one profile per language (culture).
A profile is like an empty contact card in your project to which are added the values to use to replace the personalization values in your source message (for example, the email, last name and name of the recipient). In the pubic message (Web archive), all personalized values will be replaced by the values specified in the preview, archive or general profile.
- To create a new profile (not present in the table), select the desired type of profile in the Profile type field and the language of your choice in the Culture field. Then click Create the profile.
- If the profile structure already exists (shown in the table), you only need to click the + sign (if existent but has no value defined) or on the edit icon(if values were already defined and you want to change them).
- In the edit window, which is like the contact profile card, enter the values by which you want personalization values to be replaced. For instance, you might want to replace the First Name and Last Name values by Dear and Member, which would give the following result in the message: Hello Dear Member, instead of Hello John Smith.
It is important to know that you MUST enter replacement values for all required fields () and those that are part of the primary key ( or ). If such replacement values are not provided, you won't be able to save the profile values.Contacts
You need to authorize the Dialog Insight application to share information on your Facebook page.
- Go to Account Management > Social Network > Authorization
click Authorization under Social Network in the right pane of the application
- Click Facebook Permissions.
- If some permissions were already assigned and you want to reset them, click Remove authorization.
- In the Facebook authorization page, click Allow application Dialog Insight.
- If you are not already connected to your Facebook account, you will be presented with the Facebook login page, so you can enter your email and password. You must connect to the Facebook page that manages your company's pages on Facebook.
- In the next window, where it is said that Dialog Insight will receive information shown on your Facebook page, you must select OK.
- Then, you are informed that Dialog Insight would like to publish content on Facebook. You must accept.
- Next, you must accept that Dialog Insight manages your pages.
- You are then brought back to the Facebook authorization page in Dialog Insight.
You should see that the status is authorized.
- Once communication with Facebook is authorized, select the pages on which you want to publish Dialog Insight messages.
The pages selected will be available to all Dialog Insight users who are entitled to create and publish messages. The other users do not have to connect to Facebook to publish a message. Is it the Dialog Insight application that now has the permission to publish on your company's Facebook pages.
- If you change your rights, make sure to save your changes.
To understand the content of this page:
- Under the description of the application, you can see if communication between Dialog Insight and Facebook is authorized. A check mark is shown when authorized and the names of users who have granted authorization are listed.
- You can see in the section entitled Existing publication rights the rights that have been granted to other users than yourself, if any.
- In the section below, called Edit your rights, you can see a list of the pages that are associated to you Facebook account, as well as those on which you are authorized to publish (those checked).
- The last section displays an option that lets you publish Dialog Insight content on your personal Facebook account. To enable this option, just click it.
More that one Dialog Insight user can perform Facebook authorizations. Therefore, as soon as a Facebook page is authorized for the company, all the users in the company that can publish content are authorized to publish Dialog Insight content on the Facebook page.
However, when a user accepts to publish Dialog Insight content on the wall of Facebook personal or company page, that user is the only one that can publish content on this wall, even if other users have publication rights.
You can only publish on Facebook and Twitter Version 2 messages. Please contact us if your company is still not using this version.
Publishing on Facebook lets you display on your company or personal page a post to invite your fans to click on a link to read the email message you have sent via Dialog Insight (a promotion, an event invitation, a press release, etc.).
- First create your message. See Creating an HTML Message or Creating a Message Using Drag-and-Drop).
- To publish content on Facebook, you do not have to create the Web archive before, as it will be created automatically when you publish it on Twitter or Facebook. However, if you make changes to your Facebook content, you will need to update your Web archive.
- Open the additional edit options by clicking on .
- Go to the Publication section and click Facebook.
- In the window entitled Publish on the Web and social networks, proceed as follows :
- Specify a title for your post - that is the title that you want to show in Facebook.
- Enter a description of the Dialog Insight content, which will show below the title.
- If you want to join a picture to your message, select one amongst those hosted in the application, type in the URL address of a image of the Web or download one from your computer.
- Click Save.
- In the lower part of the window, you can enter a comment that will display when the message is published.
- Specify the page on which the message is to be displayed from the list of authorized pages.
When all the information is as desired, click Publish.
*Note that you can publish the same message many times. Verify your Facebook page to see if the message was published before clicking Publish again.You can delete any publication via Dialog Insight. When done so, it will also be removed from the related Facebook page.
If a lot of comments are published on your Facebook page, you can publish your message again so that it shows at the top of the wall. You can then remove previously published messages to avoid duplicates.
- Click Close.